January is human trafficking awareness month, and we’ve shared a bunch of different ways you can make a difference through changing your buying habits, finding events near you, and even how to get your family involved. If you missed any of those posts, you can check them out here:
- Support your Health and Stop Human Trafficking with REBBL
- How Ordinary Families can Help Fight Against Child Trafficking
- How your Buying Habits Can Help Stop Human Trafficking
- Brands to Buy from to Fight Against Human Trafficking
There are so many wonderful organizations out there who are working to help spread awareness about human trafficking and work to end it as well. Elijah Rising is a local organization here in Houston who has a mission to end sex trafficking. They have so many wonderful resources available, and I wanted to share some of them with you today!
About Elijah Rising
Elijah Rising began as a simple prayer gathering in Houston with a goal of ending sex trafficking in the area. Women all across Houston were being sold for sex, and Elijah Rising took a stand. They began by hosting Van Tours to share with the public about what was really going on behind the scenes. Elijah Rising has been able to close a local brothel and launch the Museum of Modern-Day Slavery. These two huge wins have not only made it possible to educate the public about sex trafficking in Houston but allow them to understand the horrors of this issue.
Elijah Rising has a mission to reach out to help end sex trafficking in Houston, and provide support and assistance for the victims. Elijah Rising has expanded their reach by partnering with Kendleton Farms to help survivors get the help they need to get back on their feet.
Elijah Rising has a massive list of resources to help share their work, provide a list of helpful tools and resources, as well as educate those who are interested in the cause. Here are some of my favorite resources you should check out:
- Elijah Rising’s Recommended Reading
- Myths and Facts about Prostitution
- Abolition Summit Video Teachings: Understanding Exploitation
In addition to their plethora of resources, they have a prayer section on their website. You can sign up for prayer updates here, download their prayer guide, and even join one of their music-led prayer meetings.
Elijah Rising has a huge list of resources that you can check out to help you learn more about sex trafficking and how you can help. Here are some of the ones I recommend you check out:
- Van Tours: If you want to learn more about their Van Tours or how you can help out, this is a great resource
- Museum of Modern-Day Slavery: This has everything you need to know about the museum
- Documentary Screenings: They have a bunch of documentary screenings that you don’t want to miss!
- Blog: This blog will keep you up to date on their work as well as trafficking news.
Volunteering and Donation
If you want to help out the Elijah Rising cause, there are so many different ways you can get involved! I’ve included a list of different ways you can help below as well as links for more information.
There are a plethora of resources out there that can help you learn more about human trafficking, and help you get involved. I hope this post has served as a resource to not only help you learn more about human trafficking but to show you what you can do to help.